The pendulum method of divination was first established during the late Roman Empire. It involves dangling an object on a string or chain. It is the precursor to the Ouija Board. It is used to locate objects, communicate with spirits and gain contact with your inner subconsciousness for guidance by asking it questions and letting it swing.
You can achieve this by noting down “yes”, “no” and “maybe” on a piece of paper. Before you begin however, you need to consecrate your pendulum by rinsing it in salt water, drying it in the moonlight and passing it through Sage smoke. You would then dedicate your pendulum to Leviathan, Alloces, Orobas or Astaroth or all four if you wish. You do this by incanting the following; “I offer this instrument to [Demon of scrying per the aforementioned] as an instrument of communication, that its words may be true.”
To start with you need to establish what a yes or no answer looks like for your pendulum. Ask the pendulum also what its response for yes is and what its response for no is. My pendulum swings left for no and right for yes and swings in the middle for maybe but sometimes the pendulum can use semicircles clockwise and anticlockwise to depict a yes or no answer so you need to find out first what your pendulum considers your yes/no/maybe responses are. The next thing you do is test your pendulum. This could be by asking simple questions like “Is my name X?” etc.
The pendulum works by accessing your subconscious for the answer and reflecting that in its swings. To use the pendulum you do the following;
- Hold it in your hand and keep it steady. Steady it with the palm of your other hand.
- Remove your other hand and let it sit still for a minute.
- Ask the pendulum what a “yes” is and watch it swing. Note it down.
- Ask the pendulum what a “no” is and watch it swing. Note it down.
- Do the same for “maybe”.
- Ask simple yes/no questions. Meditate on your question and try again. If it doesn’t work the first time then put it away and try later.
- You can write down numbers and letters of the alphabet as well to communicate with the pendulum once you are more adept with it.
The pendulum is very good for communication with Spirits and it is great for finding things that are lost or hidden. It can be used for dowsing and it is the simplest way to communicate and very effective.